Starting the day with a fresh look is a big wish for you. A look in the mirror in the morning often shows the opposite. Here we explain how swollen eyes occur and what you can do about it..
Causes of puffy eyes and deep circles under the eyes
The skin around the eyes is delicate and has a strong blood supply. Your lymphatic system ensures that fluids are transported away from the tissue. This circulation is sometimes disrupted, resulting in a backwater and swelling.
There are many reasons for that:
- Lifestyle: Alcohol, nicotine and salt change the water balance in the body. This so-called osmotic stress can cause swelling, which is particularly noticeable around the eyes.
- Age: With age, the mechanical resistance of the skin decreases. Tired eyes appear more quickly and are visible more quickly.
- Predisposition: Puffy eyes and thick lids can also be inherited.
What to do against swollen eyes and deep circles under the eyes?
The following generally applies: Anyone who drinks a lot, eats a relatively healthy diet, does sports and gets enough sleep has a fresher complexion and well-nourished skin. In this way, bags under the eyes and dark circles under the eyes can also be reduced. Of course, what sounds good in theory is not always easy to implement in everyday life. Therefore, there are some tricks to reduce tired eyes.
- Cold Spoon: A cold tablespoon can work wonders, especially for tired and irritated eyes. Put this in the fridge for a few minutes and then on your eyes for a few minutes. Don't put any pressure on it. The cold helps reduce swelling.
- Jade Roller: The same principle is used here as well. put oursjade roller cleaned for a few minutes in the freezer. Then use the narrower stone to gently massage your eye area until the swelling is reduced.
- eye masks: You can use eye masks to reduce swelling or if you need to be quick. You can also put these in the fridge for a stronger effect.
- Lymph massages: If the vascular fluid cannot drain by itself, you can help out with a small lymphatic massage. Use thejade roller, theBeauty Roller or your fingers. Gently massage the skin around the eyes for a few minutes and then apply an eye care product.